Monday, August 5, 2013

Goodbye Provo

July 19th-21st was our last weekend in Provo, and since it was our last weekend in the college student phase of our lives we partied it up pretty good:

We went to in-n-out


We went to the American Fork Carnival and rode the Spider ride


We played Spades with tiny cards


and Star Wars Monopoly


and Canasta


and BANG!



The following Monday July 22nd was my last official day of work, and the day the movers came and packed our whole lives up in boxes.

Work was great because lets be honest, I didn't really spend that day working. I spent my morning making up a quiz about myself and the people who scored the highest got the remainder of my meal tickets. Shout out to Cisco, Danny, Gabe, and Megan for getting 1st-4th place respectively and winning meal tickets. That afternoon at work, Megan and I put together a BBQ appreciation party/Gabe's Birthday Party for our department which was awesome!

Brian spent that morning with the movers.


The came at 10am and were able to box everything up and put in on a truck and drive away at 3pm.


They even took the Taurus with them.


All that was left were the bags we packed for the airplane and the furniture that came with the apartment.


Tuesday July 23rd we clean, clean, cleaned our apartment which was a lot easier to do with out all our stuff in the way, and my manager Carmen, invited me to come in to work for an hour. When I got there, she thanked me in front of all the managers of our department and our VP for all my hard work and presented me with a gift card to home depot and magazines to help get me started on turning a house into a home.


Wednesday morning July 24th, Becca and Nate drove us to the airport and we set off to visit Brian's parents in Maryland before heading down to Virginia. The funny thing about flying out of the Salt Lake City International Airport on a Wednesday morning is you see a ton of missionaries. All of the payphones were crowded with guys in suits and girls in dresses. There were at least 20 Elders and 10 Sisters boarding one flight to Oregon in the gate next to us. I guess that was a pretty fitting last hour in Utah.

Things I Will Miss About Provo

  • All of the wonderful friends we've made through out the years
  • Having a temple super close and another one on the way
  • A dessert place on every corner instead of a bar
  • Two awesome Libraries
  • Our Married Student Ward
  • Google Fiber (seriously they have to wait until we leave to put it in?)
  • Awesome cheap date activities 
  • The ability to have everything you need in walking distance
  • Free access to a 3D printer and power tools (this ones is Brian's)


1 comment:

  1. We'll miss you Tara! Have so much fun on your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete